According to social media, its National Drink Wine Day – seems to have passed me by? Maybe its an American thing!!
Anyway, if you fancy a tipple on your travels – get in touch.
I can suggest plenty of holidays that involve lots of wine!
- Self drive tours in Spain – an example itinerary would include Aranda de Duero, the heart of Ribera del Duera wines, followed by a couple of nights in La Rioja where you can visit wineries and lots of tastings!
- Holidays in Italy with wine tours. Also if you’re in the Sorrento area, try some Limoncello tastings – yummy
- Walking or cycling holidays in Spain, Italy, France,
- Georgia, Argentina. Bet you didn’t think of these last 2 countries for wine-tasting holidays. Georgia has a long wine-making tradition and here you can sample local cuisine as well. An Argentinian itinerary can take you to Iguassu Falls as well as wineries and gauchos!
- Explore the wine routes in South Africa. The stunning area along the coast from Cape Town has some beautiful vineyards. Combine this with whale-watching (in season) and the Cape’s garden route for a spectacular holiday
- Further away, Hawke’s Bay is pretty well regarded as the “food bowl” of New Zealand and there are numerous ways you can nibble and sup on the best of Hawke’s Bay. One of the best places to start is at the Hawke’s Bay Farmers Market which brings together numerous artisan sellers every Sunday. Winery lunches are a must on any visit to Hawke’s Bay
- Australian wines are well-regarded these days – vineyards are located mainly in southern Australia, although there are some in Western Australia’s Margaret River.
Sunshine, relaxation and wine – what better combination for a holiday? To chat about these and other wine-related or culinary themes for your next holiday, call or email Olein
Diamond Travel, Agency ref S0466. We act as the Global Travel Group Ltd in connection with the sale of travel products. Unless specified as the operator, the Global Travel Group Ltd is the agent of ATOL Protected Tour Operators and other principals.